All you need to know before choosing your casino for real money and bonus:
- What is an Online Casino?
- How to choose your Online Casino?
- Casinos that you can trust
- Welcome Bonuses
- First Deposit Bonuses
- No Deposit Bonuses
- Free Spins
- High Roller Bonuses
- Live Casino Bonuses
- Wagering or Rollover Requirements
- Game Limits
- Betting Limit
- Bonus Expiry
You can find casino bonuses almost everywhere: Welcome Bonuses, No Deposit Bonuses… or even specific bonuses to play a bunch of different games.
But this can be tricky!
The first thing to have in mind is that each operator will have its own rules and conditions. But also, you should ask yourself: “Do I have any idea of how bonuses work?”.
We came here to help you save some time and probably, a lot of cash too!
Real Money Casinos
Enjoy online gambling in 2020 with our selection of amazing Online Casinos.
An online casino is a recent way of entertainment that provides casino traditional services, but online. In other words, you can play your favourite games at home while having a chance to get some money in your pocket.
But, what is a real money casino, exactly?
If you play at an online casino for real money, it means that you will both deposit and win real money. As a result, players may lose all their deposits or win small or great rewards.
Moreover, as the market is growing very quickly and more competitors are getting a piece of the cake, most gambling operators are offering casino bonuses and special services to get the player’s attention. In order to enjoy those bonuses, players need to follow certain rules and conditions. This way, everybody wins something.
Now that we have a basic understanding of what an online casino is, let’s go to the next level!
If you want to join an online casino to play your favourite games, you should go for the casino that better suits your needs; and more importantly, a casino that you can play within your budget. It is a good idea to ask for friends’ opinions and to read reviews, but don’t forget that each player is different.
If you are not quite sure where to start with, ask yourself some basic questions:
- Has the online casino got a license in my country?
- Can I play in my own currency ($, €, £…)?
- Is the software compatible with my desktop or smartphone?
- Does the online casino provide my favorite games?
- Does the online casino offer interesting bonuses for new players?
- Is there a bonus available for my favorite games?
- Does the online casino include live casino games?
- Are there any bonuses for live casinos?
- Can I start playing without a deposit?
- If the casino requires a first deposit, does it suit my budget?
- What are the requirements to withdraw money?
- How many times do I have to wager (bet) before I can withdraw some money from my deposit?
- Which payment methods are available?
Once you decide the potential casinos that will suit your preferences, you are ready to find your perfect bonus!
There are a few questions that you need to have in mind when choosing your online casino. Is this casino operating legally in my country? Does it own a license? Each country will have its own competent authority in charge of the regulations of online betting activities within its territory, such as the Gambling Commission in the United Kingdom.
These organisations are responsible for regulating gambling and supervising gaming law in their countries. As a result, they will only provide casino licenses if the online casino meets strict requirements.
If you want to make sure if your casino is holding a license you can check its website and look at the following:
- The website includes information or a badge which proves the online casino has a license issued by a competent commission in its country
- Legal online casinos often include a section to warn about gambling addiction and supporting safe and responsible gaming
If you are a new player, this is probably a lot of information to digest at first.
But don’t worry! We are here to help you.
If you want to find great Online Casinos that operate with a license, check our post about Australia’s Best Real Money Casinos (2020).
Types of Bonuses
Type of casino bonuses: welcome packages, first deposit bonuses, no deposit, high rollers, free spins, and live casino bonuses.
You are looking for the best casino bonuses, and you end up on a website with too many choices. Way more than you expected.
That’s great. But… now, what?
This is probably too much information to remember, especially if you are a new player.
But don’t panic!
Because this infographic about casino bonuses will help you get a clearer idea:
Welcome bonuses are a kind of bonus that online casinos offer to new players.
Most high rated online casinos often award first time players with a welcome package in exchange for their registration/sign-up, first deposit or different initial consecutive deposits. You can find a great variety of bonuses ranging from Free Spins to Deposit Match Bonuses:
- Free Spins: In this case you get free spins to play slots, roulette… For example, 50 Free Spins.
- Deposit Match Bonus: Bonuses may vary from bonuses equal or half to your deposit amount, to bonuses which double your bankroll.
Let’s look at an example: welcome bonus 100% up to $/£100. This means that you will pay a first deposit of $/£100 and you will get another extra $/£100. This way, you will play with an initial deposit of $/£200.
Some casinos will send you a bonus code (or promo code) to unlock your bonus. Make sure if you need a bonus code or if bonuses are scored automatically and you can start playing straight away after registration.
In any case, pay attention to the expiration date for welcome packages because some bonuses will not last forever.
Welcome bonuses, also known as registration or sign-up bonuses, may be split into two different groups: first deposit and no deposit bonuses.
First Deposit Bonuses
First deposit bonuses are used by most online casinos. Casinos requiring a first deposit bonus often offer better promotions than casinos with no deposit bonuses. You will have to make some small investments, but you will be rewarded.
How do first deposits work?
- Sign up in your favorite casino
- Choose your payment method
- Pay your first deposit: Your deposit amount must be equal or larger to the minimum bet set by the online casino.
- Get the bonus: Free Spins, Deposit Bonus Match…
No Deposit Bonuses
No deposit bonuses do not require a first deposit and are used by many online casinos. To get these bonuses you will only need to register or create a player account.
However, wagering requirements are usually very high compared to those requirements for bonuses with a first deposit.
How do no deposit bonuses work?
- Sign up or create a player account
- Get your bonus: Free Play, Free Spins or Cash Bonuses under special conditions. Online casinos will often give you access to limited free spins for specific games during a limited period.
Welcome bonus requirements usually differ from one casino to another, that is why we highly recommend you keep reading and check bonuses offered by each casino.
Online Slots are super popular, and both new players and high rollers enjoy this game. That is why it doesn’t come as a surprise that most real money casinos offer special bonuses to play free spins.
These bonuses, also known as Free Spins or Online Spins, allow players to spin the reels on an online slot machine for free. New players can try different online spins and enjoy the experience. Besides, many casinos offer reload spins and special promotions so slot lovers can always enjoy free spins.
But, why are free slots so trendy?
Well, playing slots for real money is a lot of fun. But also, it is super easy. Online slots s are a game of chance whose results are automatically generated by random software. This means that players do not need any previous experience to start playing.
Bonuses for High Rollers
High roller bonuses are available for big spenders and, also for VIP players.
This type of bonus offers a greater variety of casino rewards such as reload bonuses, free spins, and even cashback. Players who can enjoy high roller bonuses may win big rewards and a huge amount of cash. However, they also must cope with higher deposits and higher minimum bets.
Live Casino Bonuses
In many casinos, you can also enjoy Live Casino Bonuses.
Yes, you read it correctly.
Whether you are tired of slot machine games and you prefer realistic experiences, there are live casino games out there waiting for you.
In many casinos, you can play live games with any bonus. In other casinos, there are specific live casino bonuses for all those players who want to feel like they are in a land-based casino.
Check the most common Live Casino Bonuses:
- Live Dealer Bonuses: it will give you a greater amount of cash to play your favorite live games, such as live roulette, baccarat, blackjack online and much more. These bonuses vary between casinos and games, but you could find something like this: 50% up to $/£100 or 100% up to $/£20. In the best scenario, you could double your bankroll at your favorite casino. We know that this bonus is very juicy, but don’t forget to read up on its conditions and wagering requirements. Besides, Many casinos offer this kind of bonuses but exclude live casino games.
- Free Bets: this kind of bonuses could be something similar to free spins. It is not the same, but both exist for the same purpose; to give players the opportunity to taste the game for free. Depending on the casino, you will be offered a different range of games to choose from. These games usually include live roulette, baccarat, blackjack, live monopoly… However, these bonuses are not so popular and aren’t easy to find.
- Deposit Bonuses: as we have already explained, deposit bonuses require an initial deposit to start gambling. However, in many casinos there are deposit bonuses just to use in Live Casino Games.
- Cash Back: In this case, you don’t need to deposit any amount and the online casino won’t give you cash to spend. All you need to do is claim your bonus and start playing with your own money and the casino will return your losses up to a fixed percentage. Many casinos may have certain minimum and maximum requirements. But that’s all! Don’t forget to read the T&C and check the Cash Back percentage before you start betting.
So, just relax and enjoy the free ride!
If you are considering choosing a bonus for Live Casino, just remember that there are also a lot of competitors and different options out there. Make sure you find a casino and a bonus that suits your needs, and more important… your budget!
VIP Membership and Loyalty Programs
You can find for sure plenty welcome sign up bonuses to get free spins and increase the cash in your player’s account.
However, you should have a look at their VIP programs and loyalty promotions for high rollers.
If you are planning about dropping a good deal of money in an online casino, we highly suggest considering finding a great casino that you can trust and checking its benefits for loyal VIP players.
You wouldn’t like to spend your cash in a casino that has nothing to offer.
VIP program benefits:
- Bonuses for high rollers: amazing variety of casino rewards such as reload bonuses, free spins, and even cashback
- Greater variety of casino games
- 24/7 customer support in different languages and live chat
- Additional payment methods in several currencies
How to become a VIP member:
Every casino has its own requirements to become a VIP member, so we recommend looking at the website of each casino.
However, the most commonly VIP programs are:
- Entry-level VIP player: some casinos give automatically entry-level VIP status when players register.
- Deposit VIP player: certain casinos will give players VIP status after they deposit a certain amount of money during a specific time. Once a player chooses to deposit that amount of cash, the player will automatically become a VIP member.
- VIP invitation: other casinos will record the player’s activity and invite-only certain players to join their VIP program if they are considered valuable users.
Many casinos will also offer a loyalty program and casino rewards.
Unlike most VIP casino programs, rewards and loyalty programs are usually quite accessible for casino players and easy to get.
Players don’t need to be high rollers or have to deposit a huge amount of cash.
How does it work?
- Deposit any amount of cash and you will automatically become a member
- Play casino, deposit again, withdraw your money…
- Get points and exchange them for free spins, casino bonuses, cashback…
This is basically how rewards and loyalty programs work, but each casino will have its own rules so it’s always better to check your casino.
Bonus Terms & Conditons
Before you choose your gambling operator you should take your time to read its Terms & Conditions Policy regarding games, wages, bonuses, deposits, and withdrawals; because they may change depending on the casino and country where you want to play.
This way, you will avoid unpleasant surprises or future problems and you will know for sure what to expect.
Now, if you keep scrolling, you will discover important stuff that you need to have in mind:
Wagering requirements are restrictions applied to online casino bonuses. When players get an online casino bonus, they must follow certain rules before being able to withdraw their money.
In other words, players having a bonus should play a specific number of times before being able to take real money back to the wallets.
- Wagering restrictions exists for a very simple reason: online gambling operators need to make sure that players get a bonus to keep playing and not to withdraw some extra cash straight away.
- Wagering requirements depends on different factors: online casino you choose, type of game and bonus. Bonus wages may differ from 10x, 30x to 50x or more, meaning that you must bet 10, 30 or 50 times before you are able to withdraw your money.
Let’s see an example: you have a casino bonus of $100 from a casino with a 30x wagering. Clearing it requires wagering 30 x $100 = $3000 before cashing out. Since both winning and losing rounds count towards the limit, betting $3000 is not that much. The result would be 300 rounds of $10 slots spins for example.
If any player tries to withdraw money before meeting wagering requirements, the player will automatically lose his/her bonus and all accumulated earnings until that moment.
To make sure you agree and accept the wages, we highly recommend that you read the Terms & Conditions for each casino.
There is something called ‘game contribution’ or ‘game limits’ . In other words: not all games count the same.
Some games have certain limitations and contribute less than other games in terms of wagering requirements. Each game contribution differs from one casino to another.
However, some specific games have a fixed percentage, such as the following:
- Slots: 100%
- Casino Holdem: 50%
- Roulette: 10%
- Video poker: 10%
- Blackjack: 5%
- Blackjack Switch: 0%
But, if you want to make sure, check the game contribution in your online casino.
You also need to consider your casino’s betting limits when gambling online.
Online casinos have also certain requirements regarding minimum and maximum betting limits, also known as table limits. It makes a lot of sense to require a minimum bet.
Both minimum and maximum betting limits exist to ensure that online casinos don’t go bankrupt.
In addition, thanks to these betting limits, online casinos can offer good and fair play for everyone.
Betting limits haven’t been always there…
But at some point, high rollers found different ways to fool the gambling system and take both money and rewards.
In this context, online casinos came out with a betting limit solution to put some limitations and protect themselves against players who pretend to cheat. Although these limits were created for casinos’ own benefit, we must admit that it also helps players set foot on the ground.Some of the advantages of having minimum and maximum limits are the following:
- It helps players to be realistic and bet within their budget limits
- It helps compulsive gamblers to continue betting without limits
Minimum bets refer to the least amount of money required to play at online casinos, and maximum bets refer to the largest possible wages allowed by gambling operators.
The gambling industry hasn’t proposed yet standard requirements so each online casino will establish its own requirements and rules to allow players to deposit and play games.
Casinos must provide this information to clarify the process. However, we recommend you look closely at your online casino. It’s easy to make a mistake and bet more than you can, and, in most scenarios, casinos won’t let you know when you are close to reaching your limit.
We wish all casino bonuses were forever, but some expire quite soon and before that happens you must clear them.
We can talk about two bonus categories in general: ongoing promotions and limited-time bonuses. This means, you have a limited time to use them or your bonuses won’t be available anymore.
- Ongoing promotions include bonuses such as welcome bonuses, no deposit or first deposit. These promotions are available and running quite often. Once you get an ongoing bonus you can claim it and use it anytime.
- Limited-time Bonuses, however, are only available to claim within a certain time frame. Each casino will decide the period to claim and use limited bonuses.